Baviaanskloof Pop-Up Camp
Baviaanskloof Pop-Up Camp will operate for a limited time only. The camp will be situated in a private wilderness area in the heart of the Baviaanskloof Mega Reserve. The best access to the camp is from the western side of the kloof, and it is approximately 120km from Uniondale, the camp can be reached with a regular sedan. For the folk that wish begin their adventure with a small challenge, you can approach the camp from the east, through the kloof from Patensie. You will require a high clearance vehicle, at very least for this approach.
This is a world heritage site, and is home to 7 of South Africa’s 8 biomes, and yes! it is right along the garden route – just add a short drive in a regular sedan or raised body vehicle (if you want to tackle the rough stuff) from your friendly car rental company. But what does that mean for adventure travellers? In our view there is no place which is quite as magnificent as Baviaanskloof, this is a ‘FULL HD’ experience. Guests are able to take one of two routes to the camp, the western entrance to Baviaanskloof is known as the Willowmore route, whilst the town of Patensie is closest to the eastern entrance. Whilst the travelling distances may be short, they are time consuming, and the travelling time from Port Elizabeth Airport is 5 hours. This is largely due to the breathtaking scenery through which guests will drive, and it is unavoidable to get out from time to time to admire the panoramic views. The road sweeps around, up, and over hills as it makes its way through to the Baviaanskloof valley. And it is along the valley that the road may cross a number of crystal clear streams.
The Baviaanskloof Tented Camp is located along the banks of the seasonal Baviaanskloof River. The environment lends itself to guests to do as they please, and for the energetic, hiking or cycling will busy them for hours, whilst the more sedate can take themselves on a drive into the reserve in search of the elusive black rhino, amongst many other animal and bird species. Now there are those adventure travellers who may want to do little more than sit immersed in one of the river pools.
BAVIAANSKLOOF POP-UP CAMP RATES
From R1095.00 per person per night sharing*.
*EARLY BIRD BOOKING DISCOUNTS APPLY TO CERTAIN DAYS WHILST ALLOCATED TENTS LAST.
Camp Opens – 14th december 2018
Camp Closes – 5th january 2019
- Accommodation luxury tents, each with private but detached chemical flush toilet and warm shower, dinner and breakfast.
- Activities are unsupervised and include swimming, hiking, cycling, and drives in the mega reserve.
- Spectacular 4×4 routes.
- All beverages, except teas and coffees during meals.
- All items of a personal nature.
- 4×4 Permits should you wish to explore some of the 4×4 trails.
- Lunches – picnic baskets are available from the camp and lunches are available at the nearby Bavijaans Padstal / restaurant, or elsewhere in the kloof.
Reservation Terms & Conditions
- A non refundable deposit of 50% of total reservation amount is due and payable in order to confirm reservation.
- Balance of reservation amount (50%) is due 31 days before arrival, and is also non refundable. Failure to make payment within specified time will result in the reservation being cancelled without notice.
- Please ensure that adequate travel insurance is purchased to insure against unavoidable cancellation.
- A general indemnity agreement must be signed upon arrival by all adult guests, and where required, on behalf of minors travelling with adults.