Dinokeng Pop-Up Camp
Gauteng’s first Big 5 game reserve, established in 2011, is a mere 1-hour drive from Johannesburg. Dinokeng Game Reserve is home to an abundance of general game and bird species in addition to the big 5 (lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino and elephant).
Our camp will be located on the banks of the Pienaars River, within the reserve, and adjacent to an existing camp facility. The facility also has swimming pool.
Activities (not included in our camp rates);
- Self-drive game drives; the reserve road network enables a 5-hour self-drive safari for high clearance vehicles, and sedans will be restricted to a 3-hour game drive route.
- Guided game drives; 2 – 2,5 hours on an open game viewer (no children under 3 years permitted on guided game drives).
- Guided bush walks – minimum 4 guests, (no children under 12 permitted).
- Guided MTB rides (own bikes essential, and no children under 12 permitted)
- Spa treatments are available either in camp or off-site.
First free roaming big 5 game reserve in Gauteng.
- Camp Opens – 21st SEPTEMBER 2018
- Camp Closes – 7th OCTOBER 2018
From R795.00 per person per night sharing.
- Accommodation luxury tents, each with private but detached chemical flush toilet and warm shower, buffet dinner and breakfast, (you are most welcome to bring along your beverage of choice).
- Activities are unsupervised and include swimming at the camp.
- Self-drive game drive routes.
- All beverages.
- All items of a personal nature.
- Entrance fee for the reserve.
- Permit should you wish to explore the self drive game drive route.
- Lunches – picnic lunches are available from the camp, or elsewhere in the reserve.
Reservation Terms & Conditions
- A non refundable deposit of 30% of total reservation amount is due and payable in order to confirm reservation.
- Balance of reservation amount (70%) is due 31 days before arrival, and is also non refundable. Failure to make payment within specified time will result in the reservation being cancelled without notice.
- Please ensure that adequate travel insurance is purchased to insure against unavoidable cancellation.
- All conduct within the mega reserve is governed by the Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism Authority rules and regulations.
- A general indemnity agreement must be signed upon arrival by all adult guests, and where required, on behalf of minors travelling with adults.