Garden Route Pop-Up Camp
Almost without exception, everyone who traverses, or should we say, commutes along the Garden Route, does so along the N2. And whilst this a picturesque drive, we recently decided to head along the 7 Passes Road, a road designed by master pass builder Thomas Bain. In the late 1800’s this was the route which linked George and Knysna, and traverses 10 rivers and 7 gorges.
One of these rivers is the Hoekraalrivier, and Garden Route Pop-Up Camp will be located on the banks of the river just before it drains into the Swartvlei Lake. The camp is 12km from the town of Sedgefield.
WHAT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO BRING ALONG WITH YOU
- Kayaks, tubes, and paddle boats (we will have a few kayaks for hire).
- Fishing rods.
DISTANCES TO CAMP
SEDGEFIELD ⇒ Camp – 12 km
KNYSNA ⇒ Camp – 29 km
GEORGE ⇒ Camp – 46 km (42km via 7 Passes Road)
PORT ELIZABETH ⇒ Camp – 296 km
CAPE TOWN ⇒ Camp – 461 km
GARDEN ROUTE POP-UP CAMP PERIOD
7th December 2018 until Saturday 5th January 2019.
GARDEN ROUTE POP-UP CAMP RATES
From R 2,190.00 – per tent per night.
Private camp rate
R 26,250.00 – per CAMP PER NIGHT.
An opportunity to arrange a family reunion perhaps, or a company incentive or meeting.
You have the option to book out the entire camp for a group, and should this option interest you, we would require a single contact person for purposes of payment and communication with the members of your group. Our standard terms and conditions would apply, as will our inclusions and exclusions, except for alcoholic beverages, which will not be included with dinners, and will become an optional extra. Remember that you are most welcome to bring along any beverages of your choice.
When selecting a Private Camp option, you will have access to the following tent configurations; 2 x twin tents, 2 x triple tents, 4 x family tents, and 2 x large family tents. And at capacity this will accommodate a total of 36 adults and children.
- Accommodation luxury tents, each with private but detached chemical flush toilet and warm shower, dinner and breakfast, select alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages served with meals (you are most welcome to bring along your beverage of choice).
- Activities are unsupervised and include swimming, hiking, and cycling.
- All beverages, other than that which is included during our meals.
- All items of a personal nature.
- Lunches – picnic lunches are available from the camp, or at numerous places in the surrounding area.
Reservation Terms & Conditions
- A non refundable deposit of 30% of total reservation amount is due and payable in order to confirm reservation.
- Balance of reservation amount (70%) is due 31 days before arrival, and is also non refundable. Failure to make payment within specified time will result in the reservation being cancelled without notice.
- Please ensure that adequate travel insurance is purchased to insure against unavoidable cancellation.
- A general indemnity agreement must be signed upon arrival by all adult guests, and where required, on behalf of minors travelling with adults.