Wild Coast Pop-Up Camp
During 2018 we will run the Wild Coast Pop-Up Camp twice, the first of which will be during March and April, and then we will be back again in June and July to coincide with the annual sardine run.
If you have had the good fortune of visiting the wild coast before, you can skip this paragraph, as it is just likely to explain what you already know. If not, this is a place characterized by rolling grass-covered hills dotted with traditional Xhosa dwellings. Vast open spaces drop-off into the deep blue, and warm Indian ocean.
If you are a hiker, cyclist, fisherman, or just want to roll with the ebb and flow of the waves as they swing around the rocky reef and fill the lagoon, the Wild Coast Pop-Up Camp will not disappoint. The beach directly beneath the tents offers something for everyone, and is truly one of Coffee Bays best kept secrets. It is the ideal base from which to explore this beautiful coastline.
Whilst a 4×4 vehicle is not essential to reach the Wild Coast Pop-Up Camp, a high clearance vehicle is required to slowly navigate your way down the last section of the road to the camp, this is a few hundred meters.
Feel free to take a look at the gallery for more images.
WILD COAST POP-UP CAMP PERIODS
- Camp One – 15th March 2018 until 15th April 2018.
- Camp Two – 21st June 2018 until 22nd July 2018.
LOCATION OF WILD COAST POP-UP CAMP
Wild Coast Pop-Up Camp is approximately 2.5 km north of the village of Coffee Bay. The map below depicts the actual location, along the banks of the Mapuzi River Mouth. The river mouth is characterised by flat beach entry (insignificant back draft) and rock reef across the entrance which diffuses the wave action, making it the ideal place for kiddies to play in the shallows.
Mtata ⇒ Camp – 94km
Durban ⇒ Camp – 520km
East London ⇒ Camp – 289km
Johannesburg ⇒ Camp – 966km
From R 1,790.00 – per tent per night (accommodates two adults).
Based on our luxury twin safari tent, including an English breakfast & dinner where we also include a selection of wines, beers, and minerals.
Private camp rate
R 23,185.00 – per CAMP PER NIGHT.
An opportunity to arrange a family reunion perhaps, or a company incentive or meeting.
You have the option to book out the entire camp for a group, and should this option interest you, we would require a single contact person for purposes of payment and communication with the members of your group. Our standard terms and conditions would apply, as will our inclusions and exclusions, except for alcoholic beverages, which will not be included with dinners, and will become an optional extra. Remember that you are most welcome to bring along any beverages of your choice.
When selecting a Private Camp option, you will have access to the following tent configurations; 2 x twin tents, 2 x triple tents, 4 x family tents, and 2 x large family tents. And at capacity this will accommodate a total of 36 adults and children.
- Accommodation luxury tents, each with private but detached chemical flush toilet and warm shower, dinner and breakfast, select alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages served with meals (you are most welcome to bring along your beverage of choice).
- Activities are unsupervised and include swimming, hiking, and cycling.
- All beverages, other than that which is included during our meals.
- All items of a personal nature.
- Lunches – picnic lunches are available from the camp, or at numerous places in Coffee Bay and surrounds.
Reservation Terms & Conditions
- A non refundable deposit of 30% of total reservation amount is due and payable in order to confirm reservation.
- Balance of reservation amount (70%) is due 31 days before arrival, and is also non refundable. Failure to make payment within specified time will result in the reservation being cancelled without notice.
- Please ensure that adequate travel insurance is purchased to insure against unavoidable cancellation.
- A general indemnity agreement must be signed upon arrival by all adult guests, and where required, on behalf of minors travelling with adults.