Wild Coast Pop-Up Camp
During 2019 we will run the Wild Coast Pop-Up Camp three times, March, June / July, and then again in December.
If you have had the good fortune of visiting the wild coast before, you can skip this paragraph, as it is just likely to explain what you already know. If not, this is a place characterized by rolling grass-covered hills dotted with traditional Xhosa dwellings. Vast open spaces drop-off into the deep blue, and warm Indian ocean. It is also a fisherman’s paradise, as the shad and many other fish are in abundance as they pursue the sardines during their annual migration.
If you are a hiker, cyclist, fisherman, or just want to roll with the ebb and flow of the waves as they swing around the rocky reef and fill the lagoon, the Wild Coast Pop-Up Camp will not disappoint. The beach in Coffee Bay is awesome for keen swimmers, and their is the beach directly beneath the tents which offers something for everyone, and is truly one of Coffee Bays best kept secrets. It is the ideal base from which to explore this beautiful coastline.
Whilst a 4×4 vehicle is not essential to reach the Wild Coast Pop-Up Camp, a high clearance vehicle is, to slowly navigate your way down the last section of the road to the camp, this is a few hundred meters. Whilst we have had many guests reaching the camp in sedans, this is NOT recommended, and is simply not worth the risk of potentially damaging your car.
WILD COAST POP-UP CAMP PERIODS
- Camp One – 15th March 2019 until 30th March 2019.
- Camp Two – 21st June 2019 until 13th July 2019.
- Camp Three – 14th December 2019 until 4th January 2020.
LOCATION OF WILD COAST POP-UP CAMP
Wild Coast Pop-Up Camp is approximately 2.5 km north of the village of Coffee Bay. The map below depicts the actual location, along the banks of the Mapuzi River Mouth. The river mouth is characterised by flat beach entry (insignificant back draft) and rock reef across the entrance which diffuses the wave action, making it the ideal place for kiddies to play in the shallows.
Mtata ⇒ Camp – 94km
Durban ⇒ Camp – 520km
East London ⇒ Camp – 289km
Johannesburg ⇒ Camp – 966km
READ ABOUT THE GREATEST SHOAL ON EARTH HERE.
From R 1390.00 – per person per night (sharing)*.
*EARLY BIRD BOOKING DISCOUNTS APPLY TO CERTAIN DAYS WHILST ALLOCATED TENTS LAST.
Based on our luxury twin safari tent, including an English breakfast & buffet dinner.
Private camp rate
R 28,185.00 – per CAMP PER NIGHT.
An opportunity to arrange a family reunion perhaps, or a company incentive or meeting.
You have the option to book out the entire camp for a group, and should this option interest you, we would require a single contact person for purposes of payment and communication with the members of your group. Our standard terms and conditions would apply, as will our inclusions and exclusions, except for alcoholic beverages, which will not be included with dinners, and will become an optional extra. Remember that you are most welcome to bring along any beverages of your choice.
When selecting a Private Camp option, you will have access to the following tent configurations; 2 x twin tents, 2 x triple tents, 4 x family tents, and 2 x large family tents. And at capacity this will accommodate a total of 36 adults and children.
- Accommodation luxury tents, each with private but detached chemical flush toilet and warm shower, dinner and breakfast. You are most welcome to bring along your beverage of choice.
- Activities are unsupervised and include swimming, hiking, fishing, and cycling.
- All beverages, other than that which is included during our meals.
- All items of a personal nature.
- Lunches – picnic lunches are available from the camp, or at numerous places in Coffee Bay and surrounds.
Reservation Terms & Conditions
- A non refundable deposit of 50% of total reservation amount is due and payable in order to confirm reservation.
- Balance of reservation amount (50%) is due 31 days before arrival, and is also non refundable. Failure to make payment within specified time will result in the reservation being cancelled without notice.
- Please ensure that adequate travel insurance is purchased to insure against unavoidable cancellation.
- A general indemnity agreement must be signed upon arrival by all adult guests, and where required, on behalf of minors travelling with adults.