The Wild Coast Tented Camp will operate for a limited time only. The camp will be situated on the edge of Mapuzi River mouth, which is a few minutes from the little hamlet of Coffee Bay, along South Africa’s wild coast.
The turn off to the camp is approximately 3,3 km from the Coffee Bay Police Station towards Coffee Bay.
The nearest large center to the camp is Umtata, which is 95km away from the camp. The camp is approximately 2km from the center of Coffee Bay.
The camp will be established on the banks of the Mapuzi River mouth, a spectacular location from which to explore the wild coast, along the endless hiking trails. Hole in the wall is just a few minutes beyond Coffee Bay to the south, and it is well worth spending a day there. For the angling enthusiasts, there are some good spots just a couple of minutes walk from the camp. Kayaking is also available from Mthatha Mouth, which is 2km north of our camp along the shore line. But don’t take our word for it check out;
NOT TO MENTION THAT THE GREATEST GATHERING OF PREDATORS ON THE PLANET MOVING AFTER THE SARDINES, the sardine run typically happens during our winter months.
- Camp Opens – 16th March 2018
- Camp Closes – 15th April 2018
RACK RATES – Dinner, Bed, & Breakfast – Select beverages served with dinner.
R 995 – per person per night – Safari Tent – Accommodating two guests (min 2 guests). (en-suite ablution tent)
R 995 – per adult per night – Family Safari Tent (accommodates 2 adults and 2 children – min 2 adults and 1 child). (en-suite ablution tent) – Children – R495.
We generally have periods during which there are discounted rates available, and we would be happy to provide these to you, should your travel dates be flexible. Simply drop us a mail, and let us know what your preferred dates are, we will revert with the closest discounted alternative dates.
- Accommodation luxury tents, each with private but detached chemical flush toilet and warm shower, dinner, and breakfast.
- Select beverages during dinners.
- Activities are unsupervised and include; fishing, swimming, hiking and cycling.
- All items of a personal nature.
- Lunches – available at numerous spots in Coffee Bay .
Reservation Terms & Conditions
- A non refundable deposit of 30% of total reservation amount is due and payable in order to confirm reservation.
- Balance of reservation amount (70%) is due 31 days before arrival, and is also non refundable. Failure to make payment within specified time will result in the reservation being cancelled without notice.
- Please ensure that adequate travel insurance is purchased to insure against unavoidable cancellation.
- A general indemnity agreement must be signed upon arrival by all adult guests, and where required, on behalf of minors traveling with adults.
Map and Directions Downloads; location map
Please feel to mail us your booking requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org